Saturday, October 10, 2009

Spending some time on my 9 Patch

My middle man lost some teeth yesterday at the dentist. Apparently his adult teeth are so crowded they have nowhere to go. The dentist says that this guy will be going through a great deal of dental work in the next 7 years. Thank goodness we have good dental insurance.

I ordered some fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop and it arrived yesterday.

You may know of my love for fabric with text on it, well I purchased two of Sweetwater's Authentic prints (they are on the bottom) with definitions of words (Authentic, real, simple...) and I got two Lecien prints with writing on them about roses. Then in I got a collection I have been most excited about. Rouenneries by French General. Very pretty. I think I am more excited about the other fabric that accompanies this line (the linens and ticking stripes).

I have also been dabbling on my 9 patch quilt. Part of me wanted to make it from my scrap fabric, but instead I have just made it from 2.5 x 12.5 inch strips from my favorite fabrics in my stash. I have lots of favorites, but this is going to be a bit more "classical" rather than the "contemporary" fabric I have in my stash.


These are the fabrics I cut from yesterday. I am going to sash the quilt with a dark red Lecien pindot, so it is going to be a pretty rowdy quilt. I can't wait to quilt it! I have quite the plan.
OK, I have to get in the shower before the hot water quits for the day.
XO,
Tia



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...