Monday, June 27, 2011

camping on the surface of the sun...well it felt like that.

 So, hi there. How are you guys doing? I hope you are good. I really haven't had a chance to do much sewing lately...but we did go camping this weekend. It was absurdly hot. I don't even really want to think about how hot it was/is. If you want an example just go turn your oven on to about 450 and sit in it for about 48 hours...that is how I feel and pretty much how I look....but other than the blistering west Texas sun we had a completely wonderful time. We took the rain fly off the tent (I don't even know why we brought it to the camp site, much less why we put it on the tent?) and got to see a zillion stars overhead blinking through the mesquite limbs. I woke up both mornings at 0600, and got to have a couple cups of press coffee. Gosh, coffee tastes awesome when you are camping.

 The meals were pretty spontaneous...not much "glamping" this time...as much as I wanted to.

 Breakfast on the cook stove....bacon (eggs later) and more water for another pot of press coffee.
 There is a burn ban in effect, so no camp fires and no charcoal grilling.

 Stanley had the best time ever. He thanked us yet again for not passing his cage up at the pound.

 Finishing up breakfast...and planning their day.
 Lots of time on the water in a ski boat. Stanley did begin his day in the life vest, but after his first dive over the side, we decided he would have to do his swimming from the lake side...he is too big and heavy to heave back up in to the boat. His heart was in the right place...physics were just not working for us.

 Emma caught a minnow in a cup...just reached in the water and pulled out a minnow. She is giving Sam a block of instruction on how to do the same thing. Needless to say none of my children were able to recreate the miracle.

 Jumping over the side and swimming around and doing it again and again and again....

 And AGAIN!!!!!
 Sam found a little lost chick. I am still not totally convinced we left his behind when we broke camp...Sam has been mighty perky lately. I hope he did not stow that little bird in with the towels and quilts....

I hope your week was as good...just not as hot.

Maybe I will get some sewing done this week. I miss my sewing machine and my fabric.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just love reading about your adventures! Hope you're able to cool off...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...