Monday, November 14, 2011

Some sewing

 How are you doing? I hope you are good. I have been all over the lace with my crafting lately. I have heaps of starts, but no real finishes. Isn't that the way it goes sometimes? maybe I need to pack all this up and start something else? 


Above is an English Paper pieced star. I love making these, but my finger is too sore to make any more at the moment. I have lots of thimbles, but normally I think I don't need to wear them until it is almost too late.

 I started these right when I got back from Quilt market. These are made with Malka's new line of Moda fabric "A stitch in Color". I had big plans for this quilt, but after I put the black on the blocks I just kinda fizzled. I don't have enough to make a quilt that is worth while in size. Sometimes little quilts annoy me and this is one of those times. 

I want this to be a BIG quilt. One that I can quilt with my Gammill and it will take more than a couple hours.

 I have also picked up knitting. It has been a long time coming. I am really no good at it, but I am just beginning. I had to resort to a child's book to learn how to do it. I guess I am not as smart as I normally think I am. I need cartoon pictures and really simple writing. I also watched lots of you tube. But they go too fast and I need slow and simple.

 I started this one last night. I have had to walk away from it because it is not at all what I want it to be. To me it looks kinda native American, and that is so far from what I wanted. I wanted it to look really folk art. Humm...I will come back to it later.

 I have also been working on bags. I can't wait to get my Big Bernina back. I have been away from her for too long. That is one of the real drawbacks to living in the middle of Texas. No one around to fix my fancy sewing machines. My machine is fixed, but I just have not had the time to drive down to FT Hood to collect it. 

I have this quilt all packed up to send off. I will miss it until it's return. 

Have a good day! I hope your sewing and crafting is more focused than mine is. Maybe I need to clean the sewing room up again and see if that helps my focus.

xo,
Tia

1 comment:

jacquie said...

just catchin up with you, girl! i have to catch my breath after reading....you're a whirlwind. hope texas is treating you well! sure do miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...