Thursday, April 5, 2012

gearing up to move

 Hey there. We don't have much time left in San Angelo. I know these next 2 months are going to fly by, so we are trying to soak up Texas as much as possible before heading back up to Ft Leavenworth (I can't wait! We really loved it there and I am looking forward to the KCMQG so much I can barely stand it.) DO you do that before you move? Try to squeeze in all the wonderful things you should have been doing all along? Anyway, the wild flowers have been amazing this year, so I made my little family go for a wild flower hunt. We were looking fore Blue Bonnets and boy did we find them! Almost right behind our house. If you live in Texas I think you are required to photograph your children in the blue bonnets.

 I have my snake stick and boots just in case we run into a rattle snake. Emma has her boots too.

 After our wild flower morning, some friends invited us out to their little ranch. They have some baby goats that need bottles. Emma only had to hear that once and she was in the truck ready to go help out. I think here she is planning on gathering up all the babies and feeding them all bottles.

 We found out that Livestock love bread. I had no idea. That makes me think that Stanley must have been a ranch lab before we found him at the pound. He will search out my sandwich bread and gobble it down...and no fresh from the oven loaves are safe cooling on the counter with him around. He is mad for bread.

 Emma learned how to ride a 4 wheeler. She was a very conservative driver too. I was quite pleased with how responsible she was.

 Ethan was a mad man and I hope never to have to see him on one of these death machines again. He is just like his father. It is like he was born to ride 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. FAST. It was terrifying.

 Sam hung out with me and the goats and lizards.


 All the babies who needed bottles were given milk, and love...much petting and holding went on.



 They let us ride their horse and her filly trotted right behind.

 Douglas the donkey was loved on too.

 I even got up on the horse. I used to ride a lot when I was younger, but this was the first time I have ever ridden bare back.

 Sam was singing away to the Thursday. I wish I would have taken a movie of it.

Ethan kept wanting to lie down on her neck. It was very strange. Maybe he thought if he made himself more stream line she would take off as fast as the 4 wheeler he had been riding earlier.

We had such a great time and are so happy that they invited us out. It was one of the best Texas days we have had since moving to San Angelo. Thanks again for letting us walk, ride, drive and hunt rocks all over your property.

1 comment:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looks like all had a lot of fun. The baby goats are adorable. We have a place a mile round the corner, in the middle of the city, with LOTS of goats. Everyone goes by with bread and feeds them all the time. I hope if Ethan ever gets the chance to ride another 4 wheeler he rides it wearing a helmet. He looks afraid to be on the horse, could be why he was trying to lay down on her neck for the security of more of his body touching the horse too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...