Monday, August 13, 2007

Rock hunting


So we are finally recovered from our bout with Flu. I think I lost about 5 pounds, so maybe it was a good thing. Well, by Saturday we were feeling cabin fever something fierce, so we went out rock hunting (what else would 2 fairly intelligent, yet still dehydrated adults do with their weekend?). We got up early, which was easy since Sam woke us up about 0500 throwing up all over his bed. I tossed his linen in the washing machine while my dear husband made coffee. We loaded up the other two monkeys with H2O and chocolate milk as well as about 7 tangelos from our tree and headed out into the bush. More or less this is our new back yard. If Mars had vegetation this is what it would look like, I think. Unexpected gaps in the mountain ranges, enormous ghost gums in the river beds, amethysts and garnets glittering all around in the fine red dirt that covers everything in the outback. Glorious and otherworldly. God really did take his time on Australia, it is such a beautiful country, so different from the mountains of North Carolina where my husband and I are from. If you ever get the chance do come down. In about 2 months it will be all but impossible to go outside (in the bush) due to the flies and heat, but right now it is perfect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...