Sunday, January 20, 2008

something to beat the heat


I saw this delightful little craft on Bloesem Kids, but decided to put my own spin on it and make a tiny art quilt. It is so hot here during the day that we just can't go outside for long, so I have to come up with something for the kiddos to do to keep their little minds whirling away for the greater good. I was trying to explain what I wanted Emma to do with all the pink scraps she had squirreled away in her little scrap bag, but all I got was a blank look. I decided that a picture is worth a 1000 words, and an example is so much better, so between trying to figure out how to use my blind hem foot on my husbands pants and sewing his ribbon around his sleeve and breaking up some squabbles, I made this. So this week (their last week of holiday) we will make some little quilts. How fun?
Thanks so much for the sweet comments and emails about my last post. Stu and I had a blast just being us, not worrying about the kids. It is fun to date each other. The dress was a gift from my mom in her last care package. She fearlessly stalked Belks until the time was right and bought it for me. The lining is silk and it really feels wonderful on bare skin, and did you notice my suntan??? Yep, me the whitest gal in town has a tan...I guess a month of 100+ will do that to just about everyone. Oh and have I mentioned the coffee mom sent....wonderful. Just thinking of it makes me want to go make a pot, but it is way too late and I have a really big day ahead tomorrow. I have been here so long my driver's license is about to expire. Can't have that. Oh and this will be a big week for mailing bags!!! Happiness and joy!
ox
Tia

1 comment:

Hoola Tallulah said...

Oh wow, that is so beautiful <3 I wish I could make such darling quilts, actually, I wish I could just make A quilt lol Maybe one day, this is so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...