Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thou Shall NOT Steal!

Something quite terrible has come to my attention, and I am downright furious about it. The three bags above were made by me about 2 years ago. They were some of my very first Hero bags. I remember the young widow coming to my door with her late husbands uniforms like it was yesterday. Her anguish was palpable. I can't even think of that moment without a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. She wanted 4 bags. 2 for her and 1 for her mother and another for her husbands mother. I made them and off they went to live up North. I have heard from her a couple times over the years, but this last time she wrote she told me that her mother-in-law's bag got stolen. I will be making her another to replace it, but I wanted to publicly berate the bandit who took the bag. You rotten human. Why didn't you just go break in her house and steal her baby pictures?

If any of you wonderful blog readers out there happen to see a "GEBUR" DCU Hero bag and it is not being carried by his widow or his mother in law, you have my permission and encouragement to give them the evil eye. I wouldn't approach them (well I would, but I am famous for charging in and attacking) because they are clearly big fat dirt bags and you don't need to associate with such dreadful lifeforms.

Now it could all have been very innocent and maybe the person suddenly thought their name was GEBUR. Or they found the bag and a struggling to find the proper owner. I hope this is the case. If it is, please email me and I will act as the middle woman getting the bag back into the correct hands. I will also be willing the forgive the real theif if they will come clean with this really bad sin.

My BFF V. Engle had one of her bags stolen last year too. She is at FT Bragg. It was a Becky messenger. I hope this is not a trend (I know 2 stolen bags do not equal a trend, but those are just 2 that I know about). You ladies be careful with your Camp Follower Bags! I can make them ugly if you want me to!

At any rate I feel better getting that off my chest. Go get um, glas! Grrrrr.

3 comments:

Peasblog said...

unbelievable why would people steal something? anything? well I know why people steal but sheesh ... sick people...
sad...
anyway have a wonderful day and maybe the bag will turn up...

The Army of Four said...

That is really low. Really low.
Karen

Anonymous said...

how utterly despicable!

:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...