Sunday, May 25, 2008

replies to comments


Hey there everyone, I was going to reply in the comment section but I started blabbing away so much I just decided to do little post to address the issues.



First of all thank you so much for all the support. I really appreciate it. Just like anyone I have days that I really had prefer to just not be doing this at all anymore, but then I get a note from one of you letting me know how much you have loved your bags and how much closer they make you feel to your Hero. Well, that is all it takes to get me out of my funk and I am re inspired to get back to my sewing. So I will figure out how to add "testimonials" to my site. When I buy things online I like to look at what other's have said, and you all have said some really wonderful things about me and my work. If you would like your testimonial (about your Camp Follower, Hero, or Civvie bag) to be put on my site. Please email me and I will include it. Also, I will be going through my emails and digging up the ones from you right after you have received your bags and putting them up on the site. I will do it with just initials to protect your identity.



Second, I will do the wallet drawing on Wednesday night (my time). Wednesday is such a bizarre day I think. So Wednesday it will be. Just leave a comment to this post of the one before and I will put you in the hat. 5 people will be drawn for a free "Elaine Wallet".



Third, this comment is to Shar. but you may all read along.;o) She mentioned my free motion style and I love to talk about it so here we go. Ladies at both my quilting classes (yesterday and last week) were under the impression that it was programed into my sewing machine. You just press a button and off the quilting goes. Well naa, that is not how it works. Many of you quilt and sew so you will have an idea of the work involved. I do freehand each bag, with my hands. I Look at the needle and thread as my pencil and just draw away. I finally added up my "quilting hours" and I think I have about 4000 over the last 3 years working on bags and quilts for my business. That is a great deal of time spent sitting in front of my sewing machine. Holy cow. When did all that happen? Some bags have up to 10 individually quilted parts (body, straps, pockets, panels, sides, diaper changing pads, more pockets, button flaps, zipper panels). So just stick with the quilting and get strong needles and use the proper sewing machine foot and your will be developing your own style in no time. I will put up a post on the evolution of my "Stu Tote" I have four here at the house that have evolved quite a bit.
OK, the kids are all awake and hungry so I better go feed them. Then I have some fun planned at the sewing machine! Thanks again ladies, you are why I do what I do!
xo,
Tia



10 comments:

Dayna said...

Glad you will be adding testimonials. And I'm glad they provide inspiration for you when you need it. I love seeing the bags you do. Kind of makes me wish you were around when I had a husband in the military and rug rats running through the house!

Unknown said...

Tia, I still think you should submit yourself to Martha Stewart!

the Campfollower said...

Thank you so much! I tell you sometimes my 3 rug rats seem more like 30. But they are a pretty good lot.

Shely, I have no idea how to go about submitting myself to Martha.I sure would if I knew how!I have been a marta fan for years and years. I got Living as a wedding present from a frined of mine and have taken it for the past 10 years. What an impressive woman. You have said that several times before. You are sweet, and I will be sending you your finished bumper at long finally last tomorrow. I had to add another star. But it looks very nice, if I do say so myself. How is your baby doing? I hope motherhood is going wonderfully for you!

hugs!
Tia

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I'm just sayin' if you want to know a Tia original all you have to do is look for the freehand. ☺ No one can imposter that in real life. Well, I should say that anyone who has the skills to mimick it wouldn't stoop to copying you - they'd be doing their own thing.

Heavenly Blossom said...

I have to say...I haven't figured out my free motion sewing on my machine yet. It's HARD! I REALLY appreciate all that work you must go through and I am in awe of your powers! lol You're just amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Go to marthastewart.com .... here is the link..I think you should submit the video under the "People Call Me "Martha Stewart." She would totally have you on her show, one because you do great work..and then you do Hero bags, which is just a great gift..and very inspiring. You are very creative and I think it shouldn't go unnoticed!

Unknown said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.4af27a8e9e64e1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=e54acd0fc8b40110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=leftnav

thats the link..sorry

Cheryl G said...

Tia, Your work is amazing! I just wanted to thank you so much for creating something so beautiful that helps me keep my husband close when he is deployed. Also thanks for putting so much of yourself into the process and for letting into your life. Thanks again.

The Army of Four said...

I'm OK with meandering or stippling (don't really know the difference), but CANNOT do the cool swirls! I love the flow you get. It's bold, confident, and adds such a great PUNCH!
Karen

Dayna said...

I tagged you...why? Because I find your blog interesting and would like to know more about you!
Check my blog for the rules .... they are simple. Have a sparklin' day now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...