Thursday, September 18, 2008

Feeling HOT HOT HOT

Spring lasted for about 3 days and now Alice is back to her Scorching Hot Summer self. Wow, sizzly. But in Springs wake the blossoms on the citrus trees and baby figs smell glorious.

This is my Tangelo tree. I hope all these flowers mean lots and lots of fruit! The first year we lived here this tree was laden with the most fabulously sweet and juicy seedless oranges. So, good. This year it had 3. My kids ended up picking them too early and we really didn't get to enjoy them. I have big hopes this year!


I sat outside on the back porch enjoying the perfume and sewing on buttons. It was such a nice way to enjoy my third cup of coffee. The heat did chase me inside and I am working on more bags now. Well, not NOW since I am blogging, but you know what I mean.


I want you to look at the middle of this bag. I removed the center button part and trimmed down the top quite a bit to make a smaller more trim bag. The extra fabric contrast is nice too, if I do say so myself. This is a great option for those of you whose mates are giants. Sometimes those XXLarge/XLong tops can make the most massive bags. I have nothing against the big boys, especially if you want space for lots and lots of gear, just keep this in mind while you are filling out your order forms.

OK, back to work. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Heavenly Blossom said...

I like that fabric down the middle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...