Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bush Fire Quilts #1, #2 and #3 have been pieced.

The first 3 collaborated quilt tops have been pieced. I picked them up Thursday at the quilt club meeting. Christine did a great job and I love how each one twinkles. Don't you?

This is Quilt #3

Here all the quilts are on the line. Christine from the quilt club pieced them all. THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE!!!!!


This is quilt #2

And here is quilt #1.
It is hard to pick out favorite blocks isn't it? They are all so wonderful. But what an awesome thing is happening here. SO many quilty hugs...Thank you so much for participating everyone!



10 comments:

Andi said...

Wow. They look amazing.
Congratulations to everyone who contributed and especially to you for starting the idea and bringing it all together.
Andi :-)

dutchcomfort said...

OMG they look great!!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts, you are very talended!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about seeing the blocks come together. What a strong message of comfort for such tragic days. I know these quilts will help to ease some pain. I lost my younger brother when he was 19 years old. On May 25th it will be 26 years since he died. I still shed tears. I miss him so much. I get comfort out of quilts. I hope on teary days for these families that have had so much loss that they can wrap themselves up in these quilts and let the feelings flow and mend the heart. It is nice to think of people moving forward with the comfort of a quilt. Thank you Tia for having an idea and following through with it. Thank you to all the women and men in Australia as well as around the world who have helped and contributed to this wonderful display of love.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous quilts! Heirlooms for the future, without a doubt! So proud to have been a part of the project! Congrats on a fabulous job!
Jan, Cody WY

Alf and Lily Creations said...

They look fab, well done :)

Karen said...

AWSOME!!!! Christine did a fantastic job putting the tops together! Good job everyone!

Selina said...

they look fabulous! great job!

Bernadette said...

They look fantastic well done! You have me making blocks also only I will probably make a quilt then quilt it, once I am not so busy working!

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh, those quilts are so beautiful, bright, and cheery! And I think even more so because the squares come from all over the world, from people who care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...