Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy week so far

Last weekend the Arizona Cardinal Cheerleaders and the band Edison came to town on a USO tour. Since we are considered "remote" they included us on their tour. We had lots of fun... on Saturday morning the cheerleaders led a cheer camp and that evening the kids got to preform. The boys got to dance "free style hip hop" It was pretty hilarious, since I think that may be the second time in their entire short lives that they have even heard "Hip Hop" music. Emma got to do a Congo line thing, there were so many little girls having a wonderful time up on stage. Some of the moms danced...but I figured no one came to the show to watch me dance...so I just took pictures ;o)

The back of this little poster is filled with comments to my "Lil Kool Guy" and "lil Gangsta"

I only have one more bag to go with this set of Hero bags. If you recall, I made a Hero Quilt for CPT Lyerly's son a couple months ago, this is the rest of the order. Sometimes I feel like it is so much easier for me to make a quilt or two than to find the time to sit down and make a set of bags. I guess I am pretty burned out on the bag making....I look foreword to a break (with the move to Kansas and being separated from my sewing machines) and I sure I will be ready to start up bag making again full force when we are settled, but right now finding the time is really really hard. I don't have very many left, and this weekend should be a very good sewing one. Gosh I love those quite sewing weekends.

This is my Ethan and the Ethan from Edison. I didn't know my Ethan's shirt was gaping open like that...but oh well.



Here my gang is with the ladies after 3 VERY VERY LATE nights in a row. I think I am STILL tired from it all! I just don't go out very often, and late nights take a toll on me. LOL....not too long ago I functioned very well on about 3 hours of sleep and worked 3 jobs and went to college...
I have sorted almost 1500 quilt blocks for the Bush Fire Quilt Project. I swear Stu and I must be completely stupid, but we can't figure out how to post my spreadsheet without it being so tiny it is impossible to read (even after you click on it and it opens in a different window). Basically if you have sent your blocks I LOVE them all and they are safely sorted and entered into my spreadsheet. Maybe I am being a bit nuts about trying to keep track of all the blocks, but that is really important to me.


4 comments:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Great pics...I am sure when those boys grow up they are going to wish they knew now what they are going to know! It's something they will be able to show their very jealous teenage friends!

Chris H said...

Hey I just posted some blocks to you! I hope they get to you in time to be useful.

~Michelle~ said...

Could you upload the spreadsheet to Google Documentss and just post up the link, so that we can see that way? I think you can designate between public & private files on Google Docs.

jan said...

The blocks are on there way to you from me and my daughter, I do hope they get to you in time. jan in uk
love your Blog by the way, very interesting. The bags....whew how good are they, better than shop bought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...