Saturday, April 4, 2009

I am about to go to ground for a bit...

On Thursday our quilt club met and I collected several quilt tops that had been pieced by the ladies there. I need to take individual pictures of the tops so you can see your stars, but these are the pictures I took for what "might" go in Quiltmania magazine. Our faces are all in shadow and it was blazing hot. Gwen and Apples came home with me to buy some of the fabric I weeded out of the sewing room last weekend and I had them go out in to the backyard for a quick photo shoot.


I know I say this over and over but I just can't believe the response of this Bushfire Quilt Project. I have another big stack of quilt blocks I need to post as arrived safe and sound and some lovely quilt tops and fully complete quilts. But I am so pressed for time (or I was, but now it is spring break and we are just hanging out at the house).
I wanted to give you all a big thank you for all your wonderful encouragement in the way of the little cards and letters you have included with your quilts and blocks. I have several I want to share with you all that are so beautifully written and they all have such wonderful message. What a great community of people you all are.
At this point I have well over 1500 quilt blocks with more arriving everyday. I have about 30 quilt tops and 12 beautifully finished quilts to give to the people of Victoria. I am pretty sure we will have over 100 quilts that we have all worked on together. What a Quilting Bee!



I hope this lovely weekend finds you well and happy. I am about to lay low as far as the Online world goes due to some visitors in town.


I am loving this fabric together and really want to make a strip quilt with it....but where to find the time? I only have several bags left, so I can't tell you the weight that is about to be lifted from my shoulders. I really won't know what to do with myself without a bunch of uniforms in my closet and dining room table! I guess I will be doing a heap of quilting with the star quilts.
Speaking of which, I am working on the most beautiful blue and white quilt (Bushfire quilt). Victoria Shockey sent 24 amazing quilt blocks and a heap of the fabric she used in the blocks. I went ahead and made one extra to make them all into one quilt top. I am now in the process of stripping some of the fabric she sent and it is going to be so wonderful and the fabric you sent is great too! Victoria...Do you have a website? You are one spectacular piecer I would LOVE to see more of your work. I have googled you, but I can't find you.... I hope that doesn't sound too bizarre. I love looking at all your blocks and the various techniques you have used to achieve the same goal.
OK...I need to go battle the laundry on my bed, and I also need to go get more clothes pins since our dryer decided to quit this morning. Good thing it is a zillion degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
Happy sewing!
Tia


9 comments:

Kristin L said...

First off: congratulations on recognition in Quiltmania. I hope they make it happen because it's a wonderful magazine and a great pat on the back for you. Second: there's Starbucks on the way to you. Third: You rock! Enjoy your fancy guest thing and if the Brushfire Quilt project gets mentioned please bask in the glow of your greatness. ;-)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

You are one truly amazing person.
I wish you well on your upcoming relocation.
Thank you so much for posting pictures of the quilts. It's so much fun looking through all of them.
Enjoy your company.

The Army of Four said...

You're AMAZING! Look at all those quilts!!!
That map-looking fabric is sooooooooo cool! I love map fab! I don't suppose it's from an American source so I can order some? Ha ha ha. OK, but I had to ask.

Karen said...

Just look at all of those lovely quilts...Job well done!!! Quiltmania...that's awsome;)

Jan said...

Spectacular quilts!! They are going to make so many people feel so much better! Way to go!! YOU are some kind of hero...congrats on such a stunning project!

silversmith said...

ooh.... who is the top fabric by and can i get that here in the states? i love the hand-written letter look of it.

and i'm glad to know the starbucks and tea made it to you safely and quickly. you're doing amazing work.

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW....I am sooo impressed!! Didn't everyone do wonderful on their stars!!

Kathleen said...

that is funny cause i googled victoria when i saw that great quilt..all i found was this...

http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/TC/TCR.asp


i expect italy will need quilts as well after the earhquake...will check with some of the ladies in our groups

Anonymous said...

wow, you're gonna be in my favourite magazine here in Europe, that's amazing
maybe I should tell Carole that I participated too, ;o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...