Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quickie Post...

I have been getting lots of emails about the "curved Flying geese" So here may be a better picture and you can go to the Sandi's blog ( piecemeal quilts ) where I got the tutorial from and try your hand at it. It is so stunningly simple. I did mess up my first block because I placed the folded piece wrong between the 3" blocks. But it was easy enough to take the stitches out and redo it. That might not make a lick of sense to anyone, but I am trying to get a move on with my day.

Here is where I go the tutorial...great blog too by the way ;o)

http://piecemealquilts.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/one-seam-dimensional-flying-geese/

She has some basket tutorial up now so I need to look at them too since that is the next block I am going to try.


I am in the process of writing to the news channels and requesting the return to NORMAL news. I don't need all the noise and flashing lights, just a good old news broadcast about what is happening all over the world! Please! I am looking for BBC too, they are very nice at reporting the facts. We got what was supposed to be simple cable and it came with a remote and a color coded channel guide for both regular and HD. And that was the SIMPLE plan. I also tried to take my cell phone back yesterday to get a more simple model since the one I have keeps flashing up a calender and having spasms in my hand when I am talking on it. AHHHHH save me from technology!


Just kidding, I do like technology, I just need to take the time to read the manuals.

XO,

Tia

4 comments:

carole ann said...

Will go over and check out that site, the block looks great. Now in reference to the news. I have been complaining about that for ages. I don't need to be yelled at, no wonder people don't know what is going on, you have to look in about four different places on the screen, plus read what they have running across the bottom, I'll just have to go back to reading more newspapers, but they are disappearing. Oh and do hate those pop-ups while trying to watch a show.
thanks for letting me rant a little.

Beth said...

Look its my block. I love it so very much Tia. It came yesterday and it is wonderful. They both are. Now it is time for me to put it all together. Thank You!

jmb_craftypickle said...

That is one cool block AND tutorial. Thanks for the heads up!

Erica said...

Hey girlie! Good to see you are settling in! Did you get my email? I never know which addy to use.
Anywho, we miss you guys bunches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...