Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And the winner is....

#27 Crafty Maine Mom - There are two quilt shops in my area. I love to go to one and I go to the other one when I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.The shop I love has nice people. I think it is that simple, the prices aren't that different, the fabric is about the same but the kindness of a smile and a caring attitude makes me want to go back.
February 6, 2010 4:31 AM




I used the random number thingy and I have emailed you....so check your spam as my emails are generally considered rubbish my others. LOL!


OK, so thanks so much for playing along. Seems like the consistent thing that we want as quilt shop customers is a little bit of common courtesy. I did hear from one of the shop owners and she was stunned about the way her staff acted. All my sewing friends who go there say that they always have a great time....I just hope Jen and I caught them on a bad day. Maybe we will have to go back and see how they are on a good day. I do love a quilt shop road trip!



I have been burning the midnight bag making oil....I have some great ones to take pictures of. I know this lot is taking me forever, and I am so sorry. I have been wondering what the hell is taking me so long, but then it dawned on me. All the bags I am working on are either new designs or want to have zippers. I hate zippers. The only bag I like a zipper on is the little zipper pouch. See, when I add a zipper I have to change the design of my product and making that change involves activating the zipper segment of my brain. Sometimes that segment is on vacation somewhere and I have to track it down. Oh and apparently I talk to myself when I sew. My husband was making fun of me the other day...so maybe I do that in quilt shops too and the quilt shop staff thinks I am a nut job and prefer to stay away.

4 comments:

LeaQ said...

Tia,
I know which quilt shops you say were rude (I've been there and won't go back) and yes, Harper's is the friendliest.

Shop locally -- at Harper's.

Lea
newer member of KCModernQuiltGuild

LJ said...

You're not alone dear, I talk to myself all the time. It's only when you start answering yourself back does there seem to be a problem. I've many problems. I reply quite often! I once was stared at in McDonald's by a young cashier because she caught me mumbling to myself and shaking my head no. I had asked myself a question. Promise not to sew me a white coat with buckles in the back and very very long arms??
(LauraJ)

the Campfollower said...

Hey there Lea and LauraJ....yeah no white coat and new remodeled bedroom with soft padded walls.

omashee aka Barb said...

I think I saw the zipper segment of your brain hop a cruise ship with mine! I don't hink they intend to come back either. Man, I hate zippers!
Talking to one's self seems to be a trait of quilters and stitchers. Welcome to the club!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...