Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introducing the Nancy Messenger Bag!

Hey there folks!

I have some new stuff to show you. First is this quilted shopping bag. I have a couple that I take to the commissary with me and I feel so fancy. Well, I figure you may want to feel fancy too, so I am going to post a tutorial on how to make one for yourself. Get yourself a charm pack and 3/4 yard of lining fabric and some twill tape for the straps and meet me back here in the next day or so. They go together so quickly! These are going to be my teacher presents this year.

Now....drum roll please......brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My newest bag! Well, my newest bag design! This is the Nancy Messenger bag. A pretty exciting back.

Little slip pocket inside.

OK, this is hard to see due to the camouflage, but there is a pocket on the flap part and a pocket on each side of the bag. The side pockets are good for little cell phones (they are all little these days aren't they?).

Under the flap is the cargo pocket from the pant leg. I made this little beauty for my book club and bus stop coffee club friend, Nancy. Her packers are here and she and her family are getting ready to head on up to FT Drum. So when you see this bag around NY say Hi to Nancy for me! The great exodus is beginning for FT Leavenworth. Moving trucks are everywhere. We have all our plans made and I am getting more and more excited about the whole move. You know how I like a good plan, well my husband has made whole Power Point presentation for me complete with maps and where we will be stopping over and time lines. If you have been an Army wife I am sure you know what I mean. When my last couple orders are finished I think I will be making myself a little computer bag so I can have all my cords and stuff handy for the move.....The someday project pile just grows and grows doesn't it?
OK, I am almost finished with Joy's bag and it is soooo pretty. I love the aqua, green and gold! Wait till you see the wall hanging I am making for Jody! Oh how I love the final push of projects before we move. All my moving frustration gets funnled into my sewing. It is nice to have an outlet.




3 comments:

Alf and Lily Creations said...

What a great teacher present, defin going to make a couple of these for the kids teachers :)

The Army of Four said...

Your bags keep getting more and more incredible!

Vicki said...

gorgeous bags, Tia. I am bummed that you are leaving, KCMQG will miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...