Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independance Day!


Hey there folks!
We are in Asheville, North Carolina for the week visiting our families. We will be having a great big BBQ this afternoon so this is a calm before the storm.
Stu, the kiddos and I made a mad 2 day drive from San Angelo, Texas to North Carolina last week so we could see our family a bit before getting settled into Texas. All that is unpacked is some of the kitchen and some sheets and towels. But all those boxes will be there when we get back. No worries. The only crafting I have been working on is what I packed in my little sewing basket for the long ride home. I have actually been quite productive with odd bits of sewing and piecing. I will show pictures later.
One of the downsides to our gypsy life is being so far away from family. At any rate, this week we will be soaking up time here with them, seeing some of the sites I loved as a teenager (I really didn't grow up in NC due to the Army moving us around so much, but I did attend my last year of high school and college here.) My husband and his side of the family is from the mountains, so he is a native to this fabulous part of the USA therefore it is home to us.
The kids have been in the stream by the house from the time they get up in the morning until they have to be stripped off on the porch and bathed before bed. I have been spending much needed time with my mom and dad. Talking with mom and working in the garden with my dad. Life is so good and our blessings are so vast. Not the least of which is being born as a citizen of this great nation who celebrates it's Independence day today. Have a happy 4th of July all you Americans! May the Lord bless and keep you.
xo,
Tia

1 comment:

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

the 4th is my mothers favorite holiday
(WWII childhood im sure) bar none. Promise her a sparkler and she's your best pal.... :D
Our neighborhood does a big block party so we attended and watched the spectacle (both legal and a few illegal) Fun was had by all...

happy 4th and bless you too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...