Sunday, July 25, 2010

Slow Saturday

Hey there everyone.

I sure hope your weekend is lovely and slow. Today has been one of the perfect days. I spent most of the day re-reading one of my all time favorite books. "Daughter of the Forest" by Juliet Marillier. I had forgotten how much I love this book. The damage to the spine is courtesy of Stanley. He really isn't a 5 year old adult Lab like I thought. He is actually a 1.5 year old puppy. I had to take him into the vet on Thursday due to his horrible coughing. He has kennel cough, an ear infection and fleas. Yuck. But he was in jail...so some illness is to be expected. He is still awesome. He has won over the heart of my husband. (thank goodness....I have a habit of bringing home strays and my own little rescue projects. My husband accommodates me and my need to take care of things.) I also got a very nice little order from Superbuzzy.com I think the best cookie in the world is a French Macaron. I could eat my weight in them. My little sister Laura (Hi Laura. I love you) introduced me to them when we went to visit her in San Francisco. I guess I was always so amazed by every other thing in France to notice them when I visited there...but holy cow. They are the best. I now have a cookbook on how to make them...and all sorts of their variety. Yumm. And I have some great flag fabric and a cool Japanese sewing magazine.


Here is the quilting on the Dresden plate quilt I have been slaving away on. I love it. I can't wait to wash it!


This is sweet Stanley. We are taking it easy on him since he is not completely healed yet from his lung infection. He really likes his pills coated with peanut butter and expects it when we come in from throwing the ball. He sleeps with the boys, he is walked by Emma and me....and the boys. What a blessing this big guy is. If you are looking for a pet, go to your local shelter. They are brim filled with great creatures. I got to hear his aggressive bark too! Wow...if I was a rapist or burglar I sure wouldn't bother if this guy was around! We were on a late night walk....the one right before going to bed. And it was dark (the neighborhood really needs more lights) and we were just coming around a corner and I heard this sound like galloping horses...but it couldn't be horses...or could it? But the creatures had flashing lights on their collars, so they had to be dogs, and they were fast movers! I still don't know how Stanley is going to act, so I make him SIT! and we wait for the dogs to run past. A neighbor is out with his Weimaraners and he is sprinting on his bike while they are galloping in front or him. Stanley becomes a different dog. He flares up and stands in front of me! What a hero. Oh go find yourself a hero too!


This is my Spiderweb quilt. I love this quilt. I HATE how long it is taking to make. I have devised all these shortcuts, but it is still taking forever! Lately I have stopped marking the lines on the triangle background bits and just "eyeballing" it. I have also just sewn several strips together and then sewing them to the background pieces. This works pretty well, but I really wanted this quilt to be very random...so I only make the quick blocks when I really really NEED instant gratification.


Here is big Stanley. What a great helper.
So, this has been my weekend. Pretty awesome, huh? I hope yours is as wonder-filled.
xo,
Tia



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...