Sunday, August 8, 2010

San Angelo Satchel






Hey there! I make bags from military uniforms. I have been doing this for about 7 years. Miles and miles of thread has passed through my Bernina sewing machine creating one of a kind bags. All my bag designs and patterns are my own. Each of my bags is a part of a Soldier, Airman or Marine. He has sweated in it, sometimes bled in it. (The uniform was washed before I worked on this one – not that it was dirty, I just figure Odds are this is not your husband’s uniform so you would like a clean bag.) Each of my bags is made from clothing that can tell a story. Normally I do custom work only. Ladies send me their husband’s uniform and I create solely for them. From time to time I get a wild hair and want to try out a new design. This bag was one of those times….

The San Angelo Satchel is a design I have been fiddling around with for a while. This is a more shallow version of a bag I have made several times in the past. This bag has been made from a Desert Combat Uniform leg and some lovely French General fabric. It has a gentle flare at the bottom giving it a slightly feminine shape. I made a big flashy fabric flower to button on the front, but if you aren’t feeling quite so fancy (or if you need to toss your bag in the wash) you can remove the flower by unbuttoning it.

The San Angelo Satchel has a nice slip pocket inside with a pen pocket segment. I appliquéd a poesy onto the pocket. There is a magnetic snap inside to secure your belongings. I quilt all my bags and this one is extensively meandered with my own signature quilting design. I signed the long strap which was also made with fabric from the uniform. Most of the inside of the strap is a French General fabric with small red dots embroidered all over it.

This is designed to be worn across the chest and the strap length is 49”. I am 5’ 1” and the strap is a little long for my body – so a lady who is taller than me would be more content with it. I am more than willing to add a name tape to this satchel if you have on to send me. Just convo me and I will give you my address and all that jazz. I can also create a pretty wallet or zippy to match if you like. Just let me know (my zippys and wallets run from $15 to $20 extra) and I will send you a separate invoice.
Currently this baby is in my shop.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...