Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Forest Quilt

Hey there everyone!
I have finally finished my forest quilt! Wahoo! I have been working on this one for about 6 months. Over the last half year it has changed quite a bit. When I first pulled the fabric for this quilt I kinda knew what I wanted it to become. I thought it was going to be a wallhanging, but the couple little trees grew into a forest and the forest couldn't be contained in such a small space, so when all was said and done it is a twin bed sized quilt.

 I really love how I quilted this quilt up. I had it all stacked and ready quilt before I went to the Beaver Island Quilt retreat with Gwen MArston, but I didn't have the time to work on it. I am so happy I saved it for my return. Gwen gave us a little lesson in quilting feathers and vines and I used that new knowledge on the final boarder of this quilt. I can't believe I have never tried vines before! They are awesome, and thrilling to make.
Above is a shot I took before putting the binding on the quilt.

 Here it is all rigged up in from of the garage in all it's dawn glory. This was a tricky one to get a good shot of. for some reason the colors wash out in most lights, but washed out this quilt is NOT. The pinks, corals browns and creams glow on a tiny pin dot sage background.

 They yellow stars twinkle above the forest....can you see the ACU and BDU I used in the quilt? Subtle, huh?

 Here is the vine quilting after it was washed and dried. I love it. You will be seeing this more and more.

 The back shows the quilting well too.

Here is a bit of a close up on the fabric I selected for the trees. Such a great quilt. I have listed it in my shop along with the Dresden Plate quilt.

Have a great day! I am sewing on the SGT Dumont Hero Bag order.

xo,
Tia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh we so can't wait to see what you do with them!! We are all so excited!! thanks.

AllieKatMom said...

Beautiful quilting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...