Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Forest Quilt

Hey there everyone!
I have finally finished my forest quilt! Wahoo! I have been working on this one for about 6 months. Over the last half year it has changed quite a bit. When I first pulled the fabric for this quilt I kinda knew what I wanted it to become. I thought it was going to be a wallhanging, but the couple little trees grew into a forest and the forest couldn't be contained in such a small space, so when all was said and done it is a twin bed sized quilt.

 I really love how I quilted this quilt up. I had it all stacked and ready quilt before I went to the Beaver Island Quilt retreat with Gwen MArston, but I didn't have the time to work on it. I am so happy I saved it for my return. Gwen gave us a little lesson in quilting feathers and vines and I used that new knowledge on the final boarder of this quilt. I can't believe I have never tried vines before! They are awesome, and thrilling to make.
Above is a shot I took before putting the binding on the quilt.

 Here it is all rigged up in from of the garage in all it's dawn glory. This was a tricky one to get a good shot of. for some reason the colors wash out in most lights, but washed out this quilt is NOT. The pinks, corals browns and creams glow on a tiny pin dot sage background.

 They yellow stars twinkle above the forest....can you see the ACU and BDU I used in the quilt? Subtle, huh?

 Here is the vine quilting after it was washed and dried. I love it. You will be seeing this more and more.

 The back shows the quilting well too.

Here is a bit of a close up on the fabric I selected for the trees. Such a great quilt. I have listed it in my shop along with the Dresden Plate quilt.

Have a great day! I am sewing on the SGT Dumont Hero Bag order.

xo,
Tia

2 comments:

Jesscia Oatman Photography said...

Oh we so can't wait to see what you do with them!! We are all so excited!! thanks.

AllieKatMom said...

Beautiful quilting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...