Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nothing like 2 shots in the ass.

So, I have been feeling like poo lately. I figured it was just the stress I was putting myself under to finish Christmas orders and sew for my own family, but turns out it was more than that. All 3 of my kiddos and husband have been ill lately so I have gotten to fall back into my role as RN of the Casa. I just thought I was tired. I feel like I am walking through jello and my body aches like I just finished a 60 mile ruck march in record time. My wrists, elbows and thumbs even hurt. I chalked that up to sitting at the sewing machine for so long. That would makes lots of ladies sore, right? But not me. I am a sewing rock star. I don't even stop to take a lunch break.

Well, I finally had to make a real doctor appointment for my daughter yesterday when I went to wake her up for school and she croaked good morning to me and at the same time a volcano of mucus spewed from both her nose and mouth. Wow...that was gross.

So, while I was making her appointment I figured I would make one for me too since my right tonsil is massive and bulging out into my mouth and it is getting really hard to swallow anything other than Cepacol saliva and hot tea. Yeah, I know that is gross too. After waiting for about 6 hours yesterday at the mediclinic I got diagnosed with both the flu and tonsillitis. Emma has the flu. Ethan, Sam and Stu probably had it too. I got 2 shots in my rump and encouraged to have my freaky tonsils removed. Yeah, I shall get right on that (not really). I know how that hurts as an adult and I am a big fat coward.

Emma and I went to bed last night at 1930 and she just now woke up. I have been up for some time. I do feel better. I quite like getting shots of steroids and antibiotics. It is like a nice dose of superpower. I feel much better today and I only have 3 Christmas bags to make and mail out by Friday! I think I may make it yet!

So if I am huddled down sewing, forgive me. I shall upload pictures of the bags I make as I finish them on Flickr.

Stay well, folks!

xo,
Tia

6 comments:

silversmith said...

oh yucky!! at least you're getting it out of the way now instead of during christmas week...

feel better soon!! don't wear yourself out too much working so hard.

LJ said...

get well and stay well Tia!

Kristin L said...

Yuck! I hope the worst is past!

Rafael's Mum said...

Tia, if those bags were for me I would say to you "stay in bed and the bags can come in January". I'd have voucher ready for the lucky recipient under the tree. But.. as I am not the lucky recipient I cannot do so... So instead just wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you feel up to it (or get that reprieve after all, lol!). Hopefully you will all be better by Christmas and have a great time! Happy Christmas to you all!

AllieKatMom said...

Awww man, I was going to say strep if you were feeling like that. Last time I felt like a train hit me I had strep. Flu does it too though. Hope you feel better soon.

the Campfollower said...

Thanks Ladies. I am feeling better today. Emma and I have chilled at the house. She was watched all the Twilight movies, and we washed the dog since it was a beautiful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...