Saturday, December 25, 2010

Russian Tea Recipe

Russian Tea

2/3 Cup Instant Tea (Like Lipton)
9 oz Jar or Tang
3 oz lemonade mix
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

mix everything together in a big bowl and then put into smaller containers. When you serve the tea as a beverage you mix a tablespool of the mix into a cup of hot water.



***Now....here it the deal. This recipe was written a long time ago by my grandmother. I like to make a whole bunch at once and pour it into little half pint jars and give it for gifts. So I change up the recipe and it is so very much easier. I use 2 of the jars of tang, 1 jar of lemonade mix, 1 jar of  the Instant Lipton Tea ( I like caffeine, so I use the full strength stuff), 2 cups of Sugar, 2 tsp Cinnamon, 1 tsp cloves, and a half teaspoon of nutmeg. It is very powdery as you are stirring it all up, so be careful not to snort it.

Last year I gave you guys a much more Adult beverage Hot Buttered Rum....which I do have in the freezer, but this one is more tame.

Merry Christmas folks!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...