Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Robinson Order

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you are all doing swell. So, here is another order I finished yesterday. It is a Stu as a diaper bag and a diaper changing pad or wall hanging. OK, this mom decorated her son's nursery in patriotic red white and blue. She loves the American flag. So I went with that.

 I pieced little stars for the sides of the bag with red and white stripes.

 I quilted the bag with a fabulous blue cotton thread. My fancy Bernina 820 HATES this Prescencia thread, but my older more worldly Bernina didn't mind it at all.

 I made an extra pocket panel inside this bag so she has tons of little spaces for all the hoo haa that goes along with babies in their diaper bags. I used to have my diaper packed to the gills, but everything was organized in it's special pocket so I knew where everything was at any time.

 So, I wanted to make a flag for this mom...but I didn't want all the work of making 50 tiny stars, so I went with this design. You can make one too! I will have the tutorial over on my other blog Tia Curtis Quilts
 I quilted a bunch of stars in the background.

See, I have been working pretty hard lately on bags. I have all the uniforms that have been sent to me cup and ready to make into bags. It is my fantasy to have them all finished before I leave for quilt market.

Have a great day!
xo,
Tia

4 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Well Tia, as you know, I am completely totally and utterly in love with this. Can I post a pic of it on my blog and link back to you? I've made a pillow as good as identical to this from Etchings wovens in grey, red and cream. Thank you so much for the wonderful inspiration.

Hoola Tallulah said...

Ah you are so coool, when I grow up I want to quilt like you :) I am paper piecing, the machine still makes me mad...

Mar Flewelling said...

I MISS YOU!!! and i can see why...your gorgeous art has been keeping you locked away :o) LOV the diaper bag and if we ever get blessed with another little you can BET that I will have the most GORGEOUS ACU bag ever to tote all the baby paraphernalia around in :o)
Love looking at your bags and quilts. see you soon

Judith, Belfast said...

Hi I've just found you via Lily's quilts. I love what you do with your bags. I'm really into recycling fabrics too. Your bags & quilts from uniforms are inspired - love your work. Jxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...