Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanks Giving

 Thanksgiving was very nice and quiet this year...well a bit quiet, the kids were as rowdy as usual. My parents and my little sister are coming out for Christmas and we are really excited about that. I miss them.

 Stanley was almost driven mad (and we had to keep refilling his water bowl to prevent dehydration due to drool incontinence) by the smells coming from our kitchen.

 Our turkey was fabulous this year. I think the trick was flipping it about 2/3 of the way through the roasting.

 Emma made Ambrosia. She read about it in one of her Geronimo Stilton books and insisted on making it. It was quite good. 

 Emma is now officially taller than me.

 I made nautical flag napkins and Sam was in charge of the "canberry" 

 Ethan helped with everything.

 Post turkey coma. Stu lasted longer than I did. He even managed to tidy up the feast before collapsing. 

 My Kindle has been a big hit. The kids know more about it than I do.

 Thanksgiving was also a bit crafty. I made these two little wool mice. The green one is made from a wool Army blanket. The pattern is really simple I found it on Bustleandsew blog. I used Mung Beans to weigh them down a bit.

And I finished a quilt. We had a great Thanksgiving! I hope you did too. I am so thankful for my family and blessed to spend time with them.

xo,

Tia

3 comments:

Nancy D. said...

My house was quiet too. I ended up with a bad cold and so my son, husband and I stayed at home doing our own thing - but dear husband did roast a couple of chickens in the oven for a wonderful dinner along with mashed potatoes and corn. We're going to my mom's today to actually eat some turkey and spend time with my folks, grandparents and aunt & uncle. I'm still not feeling great, but I want some turkey!
Blessings to your family! Sweet little mice btw.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

That mouse is adorable! I love it!

Isisjem said...

Looks like a lovely family time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...