Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Christmas Eve!

 Happy Christmas folks! I hope you are all having a great holiday. I am getting ready to begin baking and cooking for tomorrow. My parents have come to San Angelo for Christmas this year and my little sister is flying in later today. We are so excited to have some of our family visiting. Well, with family come lots of Christmas traditions, right? Many of ours revolve around the kitchen. My mom had 2 cook books with all theses little 3 x5 inch hand written recipe cards. All our most wonderful meals were written down. It was also stuffed full of magazine clippings, and scraps of paper, and even paper napkins with tasty little things scribbled down. Back in 2000 ( I was still a new wife and young Army LT) my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. All I wanted was a cook book. Not just any cookbook, but one written in her own hand with all my favorite recipes from when I was growing up at home. She thought I was a bit crazy for asking for that rather than a new sweater, but she sat down at home and wrote out all my favorite recipes and her favorites. I love this cook book. If my house was on fire I would make sure to grab this cookbook.


 I am well on my way to having my cook book as stuffed full with papers are mom's was!
Here is hoping you all have a great Christmas filled with great food and heaps of love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...