Sunday, January 22, 2012

Slow Saturday sewing

 Hey there! How are you doing? We are good. There has been so much going on lately that it is all I can do to sit down and blog...Life comes at you like that doesn't it? Sometimes it is really slow and other times it zips along and a break neck pace. I have had several meetings with the kids school trying to get them ready for our move. If we move where I think we are moving the schools are FAR superior to the ones here, so I want them bringing home more work so we can try to catch up. While I was in my meeting with Ethan's teachers they think he may have trouble paying attention. I am not surprised. I have heard that Caffeine helps the ADD kiddos, so Ethan and I have been having some espresso shots. It is too soon to tell if there is much of a difference. Stu has been making me some pretty fine cappuccinos.

 Emma's little friend came over this afternoon while I was working on Claudia's bag and she wanted to sew. Emma and P made monsters. Note to self...Keep an eye on Emma when she is in the sewing room picking out fabric. She sliced off a Sushi PJ leg so fast it was done and folded up back on the shelf before I finished sewing on a bag pocket. Not that I had any big plans for the Heather Ross Sushi and Emma very sensibly informed me that it has been on my shelf for well over a year...she is right. It is just fabric. I should cut into it more. P's monster was made out of some quilt scraps from the Eagle quilt top I made a couple weeks ago.
 They were working so well together and it was so funny to listen to them chatter away about how they are going to make monster babies and monster pets and monster quilts. Apparently this is going to happen tomorrow. It does make me happy to see little girls enjoying sewing.

 This is an orphan quit top I picked up yesterday at an antique shop. It looks a bit like the swoon quilt, doesn't it?

Here are my swoon blocks so far. I am not making much progress on these blocks. I want to, but all this precise piecing takes quite a bit of time. Liberated and Improv quilting is so very much faster for me.

Have a great weekend folks!

xo,
Tia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...