I do need some more quilt tops to quilt. I have quilted all mine, all my moms and all the ones that were ready from the local antique shop....so if you have one lying around give me a thought. I am a pretty good quilter if I do say so myself.
I have been tallying up my money from 2011 so I can get ready for taxes. In order to preform this math...I made a couple cappuccinos, and then I decided that some muffins would be really good too. Do you remember "Glorious Morning Muffins" from Starbucks? They made them years ago. I used to love them. Maybe they still do, all I know is that the Starbucks in town does not make them. Well, I found a recipe for them on the back of the flour bag! They are even more awesome than the Starbucks ones because I used dried cherries instead of gross raisins. And because I dig you, I have included the recipe below!
Glorious Morning Muffins (adapted from the Gold Medal Flour bag)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
1 cup peeled and shredded apple (one apple)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup chopped almonds
- heat oven to 350F. line muffin tin with paper liners (you can also grease the muffin tin, but I like the paper cups. It makes me feel special to unwrap the muffins.) Use 18 muffin cups.
- beat up the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- blend flour, soda, sugar, salt and spices together. Add them to the wet ingredients in the big bowl.
- Stir in shredded carrots, apples, coconuts, cherries, and 1/2 cup of the almonds. Divide the batter evenly between 18 muffin cups
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.