Sunday, June 24, 2012

It is getting ready to happen

I will tell you what is getting ready to happen around this house....the movers are getting ready to pack this dwelling up! Hot Dog! Then we will be rolling out of town onto other adventures. But for the now I am sorting my sewing studio. Do you do that before you move? I do. I have bags of bags...and bags of WIPs and bags of scissors and bags of thread....oh I have lots of thread. So much more now that the Gammill likes a steady diet of thread. I have much money in thread. If the world traded thread as currency I would be pretty wealthy. True. My thread is stuffed in 4 bags and my box of drawers and I am pretty sure I have thread squirreled away somewhere else as well. I haven't found it yet. It will turn up. I just want to get everything sorted so my thread does not get mixed in with the forks. The kids keep drifting in and out of the sewing room to collect their little toys and DS games that I have confiscated over the 2 years we have lived here. It is almost like Christmas. I am finding wonderful things too! Maybe I will make time to create with the treasure I am unearthing.
 All the treasures in my drawers are sorted and put in bags. I am getting ready to pack up my sweet Bernina...she has been on best behavior since she has overheard me talking about trading her in on another long arm. I do love her again.  We wax and wane the two of us. Sometimes I want her to do too much and she freaks out. That makes me sad. And mad. It makes me drag out one of my old sewing machines and sew whatever she refused to sew right in front of her on an antique. I scold her verbally and praise one of the Singers...or the Necchi. She sometimes behaves after that...sometimes she doesn't.

 There are 3 Featherweights and 2 301s under that table. And my little Bernina. And all my wonderful wall-hangings and doll quilts, and a half finished Welsh Medallion quilt, and my trim bag....and my daughters cat. I wonder if I will actually bring a sewing machine with me? I normally do, so in all actuality I probably will...all our stuff will go in storage for a while (giving us time to rip up all the carpet and put down wood floor!!!! I can't even express in English how THRILLED we are to be moving into our OWN house...one that we might live in for more than 3 years. I can't wait. KCMQG here I come! Oh and have I mentioned that my husband has never actually seen the house we are buying? Nope. just internet pictures. He is trusting me. But I have pretty good taste, so he should.).

 Before the breaking down of the sewing room I put the last stitches in this and a quilt for a book...I can't say whose book...nor can I show the quilt. That makes me sad because the quilt is pretty great...as is the way I quilted it, if I do say so myself.  So this is a book cover.

 I made it for one of my husband's soldiers. It is for a girl soldier, not a boy one...just so you know. But she ate deer at some BBQ recently and was going on about how great the taste was, so I gave her a deer on the back.

It fits the little green Military issue notebooks....my husband loves these books (I bet your man has one too), well I don't know if he loves them, or maybe he just keeps his notes in them. That is probably it. I will make him a book cover out of manly fabric when we are settled in Kansas. I made him a Kindle cover...have I shown it here on the blog? I don't think I have! Let me dash upstairs and get it.

 These are our Kindle covers. Mine is the one with pink and his has unit patch on the front and trees because he likes the forest. He wore ACUs (the grey uniform) when he was with 4 ID, so that is what I put on the front.

The back has some of his other unit patches with the BDU becauase that is what he wore when he worked with them. I did make the fabric with Spoonflower. Fancy huh?

OK, I need to go make dinner for the kiddos. We are trying to just eat what is left in our cupboards and fridge. It makes for some pretty funny meals.

1 comment:

Hoola Tallulah said...

Packing stuff can be quite an adventure, like finding treasure, who knows what is stowed away in those drawers and boxes? I hope you find more thread treasure, and that your Bernina starts behaving! I am loving your Kindle covers, I must make one of these, my kindle is wrapped in an old FQ of fabric, mhm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...