Friday, July 27, 2012

Great Day!

 Hey there! I just wanted to pop in and show you some pictures of my sewing room. I have a ton of fabric. I have actually gotten to the point that I don't want to unpack the last 3 boxes. I looked inside them, but I will save it for another day. Kaffe Fassett was the last one folded up and placed on the shelf today.

 This is the sewing and cutting area. Also my books are all put on shelves....but I need to rearrange them.

 I am trying to arrange all my fabric by color this time....well I am doing it with the solids, brights and more vintage looking fabric in separate groups. For the most part the Japanese fabric is all together. I am not sure if I will love this, or never be able to find anything ever again.I have been wanting to do this for ages, but now that it has happened I am on the fence.

 I hung my design wall and put up an older piece that I gave up on. It will be the first on I quilt on the long arm to test it out. Let me just tell you that my Gammill is running so well!

 If a long arm could smile she sure would be grinning from ear to ear. Thank you Dave for coming over from KC to look at her. Apparently Lady June is the oldest Long arm he has ever worked on. We got a bit weary of hearing about all th new bells and whistles of the new machines....Lady June does one thing and she does it well...most of the time. No computer or technology to get in my way. She has new wheels and a new bobbin case....and she dances across the table with the most beautiful stitching you have ever seen.

I can't wait to get back to quilting! I suppose I should unpack my clothing and do something with my massive bedroom....but frankly we are out of furniture. Our house is too big.

These are the first books I ordered when I had a new address. I LOVE them both. Angela is a goddess. She can work miracles with quilts. And the solid quilt book is pretty great too...tons of inspiration. OK, I need to dash...dinner is ready!

xo,
Tia

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

The joys of moving. Soon I will be doing the same thing. I have been purgin and somewhat packing. I do know that if you pack it the way you want to unpack it (books in order) Life is so much more sweeter on the other end. You can unpack, get everything is organized order, and start back to normal living sooner. I have all my fabric organized like the rainbow, I love it that way.

Hoola Tallulah said...

OoOh I will gladly come and help you unpack that fabric and take the surplus off your hands ;) Swooon, your sewing room is heavenly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...