Monday, September 3, 2007

My New Clothes...


OK...I am just going to talk for me...since I am me, that is fine. I hate feeling fat. That is that. I don't like the peek of muffin top over my favorite jeans...I don't like that bloated feeling when I have had too much coffee or salt...I don't like it. Well I have come up with a solution. I have changed my wardrobe. I still have the skinny jeans for that wonderful day when I am a size 4 again, but as of now it is just going to be Sarongs. Yep you heard me right...Sarongs. They are made in Sri Lanka and those ladies have the right idea! I am going to follow in their footsteps. I found the most glorious sarongs in Cairns while we were visiting. I bought one and a dress, and the cotton is beautiful, the colors are gem like and the dyes are so vivid. I wore it for 5 of the 9 days we were at the beach. When it got wet or dirty it cleaned and dried in a snap. So when I got home to Alice Springs...the colors of my world changed once again into burnt reds and singed sage greens....I decided color was what I needed! I called the Sarong shop in Kuranda and ordered 2 more sarongs, both the tube style. I feel like Jean Paget in the book "A Town Like Alice" But instead of wondering around Malaya not quite a prisoner or war...I go to the store, and pick up my kids from school and sew the day away! ...The great thing is that I am COOL! These sarongs really breathe. It is already about 88 outside and it is barely spring here. The summers will get to be around 120....it will be hot outside but I will be nice and cool in my sarong and sunblock! Oh and they look crazy easy to make! For anyone interested, give me a shout and I will make you one! We can start a trend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE Sarongs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...