Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just ranting...

OK, this will be more of a rant than real information, unless you are planning on moving your family to a remote assignment. If that is the case then listen up. My youngest son needs to have his massive tonsils and adenoids removed. He has had "kissing tonsils" since e was born. We tried to have them removed before we came down here, but the wait list at FT Hood was too long. We arrived here and everyone agreed that Sam as the biggest tonsils they have ever seen. They need to come out. Nothing happened. So I went back to the hospital, "Wow, look at that. They bulge out into the mouth. Those really need to be removed" Still nothing has happened. Sam as not eaten solid food in about 6 months. He eats yogurt, milk shakes and chocolate milk. He is 2.5 years old, but is the size of a skinny 18 month old. He is such a happy little guy, but I am tired of watching him slowly starve to death. It is 2007, for Pete's sake! I am a fabulous cook, no one is skinny in my house, we have plenty of food. We finally got our appointment to see the ENT. She agreed "Those tonsils need to come out as soon as possible.....we may be able to get you in before Christmas."
In the mean time you need to go have your sons blood drawn. OK, that is fine, normal procedure. But she said that the pediatrician needs to do it. Why? isn't that what you have your phlebotomists for? well they all quit this week. Went home for Christmas. hummmmm...ok. I will play your strange game. So I take Sam down the hall to the peds ward. The pediatrician will be back around 3. come back then, we have a big wait. Yeah I guess so since your pediatrician is doing the nurses and phlebotomist's job. (I am going to admit here that I am a HORRIBLE patient. ) I know how a hospital should be run. I know what people's job should be. I have been an RN for the past 10 years and it pisses me off to be blown off by lazy staff. Dammit give me the syringe and I will draw the CBC myself. That didn't go over well. Maybe I should have approached it differently. But oh well. I HATE mismanagement.
So I came home and did what I have not been able to for the past 5 years. I called my husband and told him what happened. He is always deployed in some God Forsaken country when I need him. I am sure I am leaving tons out....the god awful stench of the drunk Aborigines, the filth of the hospital, the lazy staff.... Well I called on my "big gun" The dear man activated immediately. He fed off my fury and tried to make it all better. All I know is that something will happen now. I have no idea what, but something will. I guess Something would have happened even if we did Nothing.
I just want to go back to happily sewing my little bags....but I have to do all these other things. Grrrrr. My baby is ill, and I am helpless to make it better. Well my middle son and I have a date at the Reptile center this morning...so I gotta dash. Thanks for reading my frustration.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...