Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sew mama sew quilt month


If you would like to learn a bit about quilting the Sew mama Sew blog has a great thing going this month. It is Quilt month for them. They have some great special guests (Denyse Schmidt, Jennifer of Moving hands ((she has pictures up of the Toyko Quilt show, if you are hard up for inspiration look at her pictures and you will have inspiration of years)) and Gina of Quilters Buzz to name a few). The block above is named Dissapearing 9 patch. I followed their super easy tutorial and had it finished in about 10 minutes (I had an interruption to make a peanut butter and honey sandwitch) Really fun. The fabric I used for the block was Summer in the City caram pack. If you are a fabric-aholic like me you may have trouble resisting charm packs. I have tons of them but don't know what the heck to do with them. Well I will be using the summer in the city charm pack for this simple pattern....but wouldn't it look great with just solids, think about how it would look with just Shot Cottons? I wish I didn't have so darn much on my plate. Wasn't I going to simplify my life this year? Oh well, busy as ever and I am going to be putting some sewing and quilting classes together for some local ladies and their daughters...why not add something else to my list? It will be fun though!

6 comments:

bettyninja said...

I am so in love with the sew mama sew quilt month. So much inspiration and great tutorials. Your disappearing nine patch looks great. That charm packs was full of great fabrics!

Kristin said...

Beautiful block! Thank you so much for mentioning our Quilting Month.

The Army of Four said...

We call that "Magic Nine Patch" - lol! You can get some great effects. Check out the tutorial I did on "The Bernina Boys' Blog" if you'd like: http://berninashoppe.blogspot.com/2007/11/its-magic.html
It's become an addiction. ;)
Karen

the Campfollower said...

Hi Ladies! Yep, sew mama sew is AWESOME! So much great info. I have never even heard of the magical dissapearing 9 patch before, and you are right is possible to become an addiction. I will have a diaper changing pad up on my Flicker that I made with that pattern. Can I like to your tutorial???I hope so let me know if you want me to take it down!
xo
Tia

Anonymous said...

If you mean a link to the Bernina Boys' ...... YES! Please do link!
Karen (ghost writer... lol!)

Anonymous said...

ah, i finally did a block last night! it's so cute and there are so many ways to arrange it all.

i need to finish it up and take a pic :)

your site looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...