Monday, October 20, 2008

"CPT Curtis to the desk with the narcotic keys, please"

That is what part of my mind keeps expecting to hear. This week has been quite a humdinger. Emma, Ethan and Sam had the vomits, then my mate got them. I thought I was good to go....being the pillar of cleanliness that I am. My mate still has the hot belly, but he is boldly charging forth (to infect more I am fairly sure) I now have a bit of the hot belly, I am toting my puke pail along with me. Emma sprained her foot at a birthday party this weekend, so she is hobbling around on crutches, we have a full fledged war going with the laundry, but there was a pivotal battle yesterday where I do believe we have the enemy on the run and the socks matched up and put away. Thank heaven I have all this military training and experience with nursing. I can still change a bed in no time and not spill a drop of stomach content anywhere. Yay me.

Now, despite all the illness and injury I have been quite productive. I am going to stock my Etsy store with a couple things. I have 3 "Jenny Sets" to put in the shop. They will be cheap, as I am still tweeking them a bit. I am very excited about them, I hope you think they are pretty neato too.



I sewed up a tester Molly the other day. It is a tester as it is the first time I used the recycled bottle batting (Quilter's Green). I am quite please with how it turned out. The only thing I don't like about the green batting is that it kinda fuses with my cutting mat and the fibers are really difficult to remove. That issue is actually really irritating. Maybe it is because I am not as patient as normal with everyone (myself included) being a bit sick. I will continue to deal with it until my big roll of cotton batting (Quilter's Dream Cotton Batting) comes. I am happy to say that I did find some stuff I squirreled away months ago when I rearranged my sewing studio and among the treasure was 2 packs of batting. One was cotton the other was Bamboo....


This is the quilt I am quilting with the bamboo batting. Oh wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bamboo. it is quilting up so nice, like butter. And the entire quilt is so manageable. I can't wait to finish this and toss it in the wash. Now....I am not really sure what I am going to do with this quilt. It was going to be the tester quilt for the Green batting, but I just couldn't bring myself to use that batting on a quilt. The colors are outside my box, so I will see what happens to it after the wash.


Now, this baby quilt is on it's way to my etsy shop too. I just need to stock my store.


Cheers, ladies! If I am feeling better I will be going strong on the bags again tomorrow. Oh and on a different note, my email is as usual dorked up. If you have been trying to get hold of me, try emailing me at e2momma@yahoo.com or leave a comment here on the blog and I will try to get hold of you that way.

sniff...

4 comments:

Heavenly Blossom said...

Hope your clan is all better soon! That little quilt is coming along nicely!!! Love it :)

Fatty said...

I hope that everyone in your crew feels better soon! I can't imagine how you're still sewing away but I love the new goodies.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you guys feel better soon! I don't know what's better, spacing sickness or everyone getting it all at once :(

Thanks for the info on the bamboo batting! I love bamboo in general, especially bamboo velour (*heaven!*), I will need to try it. :0)

Hugs to you!!!

Beth said...

Is everyone feeling better? Just checking up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...