Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quilty Bits....

I finished this quilt some time over the week. I love how it turned out. I keep trying not to quilt as densely as I do, but this is just home for me. I do it without thinking.

Solidia from Indiana sent me this top for the Bushfire Quilt Project. It is going to bring comfort to someone....so much beauty will have to light up some one's life. Thank you so much Solidia!

On a different note, I am all into 9 patches these days. The main reason is because of the Awesome Doll quilt I received in the swap this go round. So I find myself fiddling with my scraps making up some blocks. One of my girls who I am making a pretty good sized bag order for will be getting a little extra in the 9 patch compartment. I hope she and her new baby will like it. I need to finish it up (the above pictures are NOT what I am making for my Camp Follower - those are just what I was messing around with).



Now you know I am getting ready to move, right? Well, I am beginning to panic about what I am going to be doing to keep my hands busy during the time between household goods. Well, not really house hold goods....we only brought a tiny bit of OUR STUFF here. Most of our stuff is in Storage in Texas somewhere. I can't wait to be reunited with my lovely furniture and dishes....Yay making my home again! Anyway I diverge...
So with my panic of not having my sewing machine I decided to make myself a little 9 patch kit for hand stitching. I will be cutting up tiny bits of my lovely Lecien fabric collection to work on during the 2-4 months without my Berninas and fabric....
Amanda over on Crazy Mom Quilts is having a quiltalong with a 9 patch (I guess everyone has 9 patch on the Brain) I was so tempted to join, but I have joined too many things lately....gotta be realistic and focus on getting the heck out of Alice. Which makes me very sad...I will miss it here. But Life goes on and Kansas is waiting for me!



Here are my 2 8to8 blocks for Lisa. I will mail them out Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. See tiny 9 patches up there in the right block? I told you I was all into 9 patches.
XO,
Tia



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...