Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally a bit of time to sew...

What a week. Sewing is so very soothing for me. I can let my mind split and have my body do the sewing and my mind can tackle all sorts of things at once. I can plan the meals for the week, I can budget, I can sort out the kids clothes into stacks that still fit and that which they have outgrown....heck I can even clean the house, all the while my hands are working away on some little bit of stitching, or running bag pieces through my sewing machine. To say that sewing is a big part of my day is a bit of an understatement. I truly do not know what I would do if I didn't have several projects to work on.


The last couple weeks have been frustrating for me since I have had to run to dentist and doctor appointment and go to teacher conferences and go back and forth between KC to drop my big Bernina off at the shop. I just have not had the time to create and I am so cranky.


But finally I made time for creating! I got 2 of my orders finished and ready to ship out tomorrow and I can't tell you how thrilled I am about that. The list is dwindling down and my heart is just glowing.

Here is L. Abell's order. I need to stitch some snaps on the sides of the "Tia Tote" so it can be convertible, but that will only take a bit so for the most part this order is finito. I do love it. I always love what I have made....these look so much better in real life.

Here is my little forest quilt. I taught a small class Thursday and we made wall hangings. I first saw this quilt on the Purl Bee....but it was done different. I like my way so very much better. I will post a simple block tutorial eventually. I am not really sure what I will do with this quilt...I have several wall hangings in various stages around my sewing room and it is making me a bit nuts.

Here is the Fox order I finally finished on Thursday evening. I LOVE those chocolate chip DCUs, but man I would hate to have had to wear them in 120F. They sure are made from thick fabric. I best those poor fellas would sweat like mad.
Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Tia


2 comments:

Angela W. said...

That is exactly why "quilting is my therapy" I love to think things through while I am sewing or quilting. Glad that you were able to get some "therapy" this week :)

the Campfollower said...

Yes, totally it is my thearpy...my tiny bit of control in such an unpredictable world. You and me Angela!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...