Saturday, November 13, 2010

Veteran's day

 Happy Veterans Day folks. The parade here in town was on Saturday. It was quite big and everyone made big claims to support and thank the military, both active and retired. It was very nice.
 These guys are a drill team from the base, the one fellow with a weapon did a fine job, the others had taps on their boots. Everyone should have taps on their boots. They were fun to watch too.
 Here is a shot of one of the main drags of San Angelo. Not much? I know. It is a small Texas town. The people are good and friendly.
And what parade would be complete without ranchers riding Longhorn steers? I don't think I have ever seen anyone ride a steer before. Don't you wonder why horse back riding caught on and steer riding didn't?  I guess it is pretty obvious.


So, on a different note, we are still ill here at the home front. I forgot how allergic to Texas my family is. The cotton blowing around and the cedar and whatever else is clogging up my lungs and sinus is really putting a massive drain on my energy...not to mention I get to nurse my little family.  I am behind on my sewing and spread too thin with my other commitments. I hate it when I let things get like this. I am debating just going back to nursing and putting my sewing on the way back burner. I wonder what that would be like? It has been years since I was in the real work force. I have kept up with my CEUs and all that, but going back is a daunting thought. Do you guys go through these wishy washy periods too?


OK, so on that note, I need to go get ready for a change of command, then maybe I can find some sewing time today. I hope you guys all have a lovely Friday.

1 comment:

AllieKatMom said...

Looks like a great parade. I love those steer riders, thats great!

And I know what you mean about getting back into the work force, I struggle with those thoughts every day. I need to finish my BSN but getting into nursing school in Texas is not so easy and I have put it off because of all the requirements and costs and daycare and blah blah blahs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...