Monday, May 23, 2011

How to Change the belt on your Singer 221 Featherweight sewing machine

Good morning. How are you? Well, last week the belt broke on my little featherweight and I scoured the Net to find help replacing it. I wanted to actually See someone do it, but I had no luck. So, I decided to make a little movie on how to do the quick change of the belt. Maybe it will save you a trip to the shop?

I ordered my replacement belt from www.221parts.com they were very quick in shipping and a belt only costs about $5.

It was a bit tricky making the clip in my busy home, I am sure you will notice my boys in the background. They are normally dressed, but it is hot out here in West Texas and I didn't anticipate them popping up in my movie until it was too late, and it was the best take....so the show must go on as they say in the film business!

Happy Stitching!

You can also find my little movie on Youtube.

6 comments:

Mary*Ann said...

Thank you so much for this! It didn't even take 5 minutes to change the belt.

Anonymous said...

Thank you I was trying to work it out and you were the only source I could find.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Somewhere I have instructions, but your video made it very clear - much appreciated.

momfoureyes said...

I just got a featherweight for Christmas; got it sewing, too! However, the old belt started to split With a new belt in hand, I needed to change it. Thank goodness for your blog and video. You get an S for superhero service tech. Thank you, your work is done.

Unknown said...

Thank you for making this easy to follow video. Very much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful to you Tia! I had a replacement belt but couldn't figure out how to replace the old one. Who knew it was just a simple screwdriver and 30 seconds. Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...