Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Technology wallet


Hey there! How are you doing this Friday before Veterans day? I hope you are good. My kids have a 4 day weekend, so we have been crafting away in the studio. Emma is sewing away on zipper pouches  and the boys are playing with Stanley and William Sherman.

 I decided I would finally make myself a new wallet. I have a 14 year old wallet that my husband got me for Christmas when we were stationed in Germany. It is a soft leather one...but holes are wearing in the corners. Not good...and kinda pathetic considering I make wallets for others. I also wanted it to have room for my fancy pants phone. I can't tell you how much I hate having to dig for stuff in my purse, so I want all the essentials together.

So this is the design I came up with...


Viola! The low maintenance Technology wallet. A strip of elastic to hold it closed and keep ID cards and drivers license for getting lost. That pocket is deep enough for the entire card to be secure. I pulled the cards up for the picture.


Some fun quilting and BDU with narrow strips of Denyse Schmidt fabric.


Inside there is a pocket for the phone and another for cash, receipts, and a lip gloss.


The first on I made was all leather, but a bit too roomy. It was almost more of a clutch than a wallet. I do have a big phone (the Galaxy S3) so it does not fit well in the little technology wallets made for iPhones.



I think I am going to make a couple more of these and stick them in my shop.

***Oh thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions for naming the new dog. I think we are going to stick with William T. Sherman. He barrels his way into situations, seems a bit crazy at times but can really pump out the love when needed (I don't know if General Sherman ever was known for his ability to "pump out love"). He does have some bad habits that we are working on...hopefully it will get easier when my husband returns home from his latest jaunt to places exotic and distant. William is quite dominant...much more so than I thought Golden retrievers were supposed to be. Whatever the other creature is that was crossed with Golden Retriever was massive and a tad overbearing.

At any rate life is good here and I hope you get a chance to sew with someone you love!

Tia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great name for the dog.

good looking wallet, just exactly what you needed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...